If you're a creator who's looking to pitch yourself to brands for partnerships, here are a few tips from a former agent to set yourself apart from the pack.
Eco-Friendly Fashion Brands Seeing Success with Influencer Marketing
27 Jan 2022 · 4 min read
Though fast fashion remains convenient for consumers, recent years have seen a turn towards more eco-consciousness in the fashion industry. Brands are becoming increasingly mindful of their impact on the environment, pushing towards less waste and lower-impact production methods.
Still a foreign notion to many consumers, eco-conscious brands have turned to influencer marketing to promote their products along with their ethos. With influencer collaborations, brands are regularly offering discount codes and seeing active promotion with fashion influencers. Brands have also been more active and receive high engagement online with these regular collaborations.
With many resources at their fingertips, brands continue to turn to influencers for active engagement with their target audience, getting right to the heart of their consumers with social media marketing. Through the Tagger platform’s growth, mentions, and engagement toggles, we have found 15 eco-friendly fashion brands seeing success with influencer marketing.
- Rothy’s (@rothys) - Innovator of washable woven shoes made from recycled plastic, Rothy’s partnerships with influencers have helped promote their ever-expanding product line, featuring promotions of their laptop cases, new shoe designs, and purses on influencers’ recent posts. In recent months, the brand’s growth has continued, boosted by influencer posts with reaches as high as 1.5M.
- Everlane (@everlane) - Transparently priced and ethically made, Everlane’s social media has seen growth in multiple factors, including a larger following, higher engagement, and more sponsored mentions at the beginning of 2022. This higher engagement is likely due to a robust influencer marketing strategy with over 1K sponsored mentions of the brand in total.
- Summersalt (@summersalt) - Offering designer-quality swimwear and basics for women, Summersalt’s influencer marketing efforts have been seen in their use of influencer codes. Featured on sponsored posts with influencers, these codes correspond to higher engagement rates and higher activity when compared with influencers’ sponsored posts sans coupon code. Summersalt’s sponsored mentions have continued steadily since the end of 2021.
- Pact (@pact) - Between carbon offset shipping, thoughtful packaging to minimize plastic usage, the brand’s sustainably sourced clothing items, Pact’s clothing is only the beginning of the brands’ efforts to promote eco-friendly living. The brand’s interaction with its audience is not only seen in sponsored posts and influencer codes but also in regular giveaways of eco-conscious goodies. Giveaway posts have seen higher engagement on the brand’s profile.
- Allbirds (@allbirds) - With efforts to reduce their carbon footprint through offsetting it, Allbirds is well on their way to producing their shoes and clothing without emitting any carbon in the first place. The brand works with all different influencers, from fashion influencer Brittany Xavier to plantfluencer Nick Cutsumptas, and even some features from ‘dogfluencer’ Boobie Billie. Their wide range of partnerships has boosted their brand awareness and reach, with some of their sponsored posts having reaches of over 1.4M.
- MUD Jeans (@mudjeans) - If their commitment to sustainably-sourced denim wasn’t enough of a selling point for consumers, MUD Jeans also offers leasing options for its’ clothing items and has adopted principles of a circular economy, reducing its carbon footprint. The brand regularly partners with influencers, reposting their photos showing off the brand’s denim. These posts generally have higher engagement and coincide with growth spikes.
- CHNGE (@chnge) - With sustainable fabrics and fair trade production, CHNGE offers consumers carbon-neutral clothing with a greater purpose that 50% of the brand’s net profits have been donated to a wide variety of philanthropies. Nearly 90 sponsored mentions boost their profile, with some having a potential reach of 3.4M.
- Girlfriend Collective (@girlfriend) - The activewear brand embracing body positivity and promoting sustainability has also seen significant growth on its Instagram page in recent months. Though already experiencing high engagement rates on their posts, their page sees spikes in engagement on their giveaway announcements and holiday sales. The brand’s growth will likely spike even more with an upcoming maternity line.
- OhSevenDays (@ohsevendays) - Slow fashion made from up-cycled/surplus fabric, Oh Seven Days’ platform has doubled in the past five months. With regular sponsored posts with fashion influencers, the brand’s collaborations regularly have engagement as high as the 40,000s. The brand also utilizes lots of user-generated content in its organic content strategy.
- Automic Gold (@automicgold) - Size inclusive, unisex everyday fine jewelry Automic gold is a queer-owned company with a budding social media following. With their sponsored mentions reaching as high as 650k engagements, the brand’s phenomenal growth over the past year has been boosted along the way with these collaborations.
- Fair Indigo (@fairindigo) - Offering timeless, organic cotton clothing, Fair Indigo’s ‘fairly’ humble Instagram following is on its’ way to bigger audiences, with the brand-boosting growth through influencer collaborations and featured posts in holiday gift guides. With a 1.3% growth rate, the brand looks at future engagement and audience growth.
- Proclaim (@wearproclaim) - Inclusive nude lingerie line, Proclaim engages with audiences through regular pre-order announcements and giveaways. With a notably high engagement rate on their page, the brand has more than doubled in the last year. Their activity is highlighted with mentions from influencers and regular features in magazines such as Glamour, Elle, and Self.
- For Days (@for___days) - Gaining notoriety for being the first closed-loop fashion brand, For Days has a phenomenal engagement rate with steady growth on their Instagram. Multiple collaborative giveaways this holiday season have boosted brand awareness on Instagram, resulting in gained followers with each post.
- Reformation (@reformation) - With over 300 sponsored mentions, Reformation has actively and effectively worked with influencers to increase brand awareness and social engagement. Collaborating with influencers and celebrities alike, the brand is not short on influencer marketing, which is reflected in their consistent growth.
If you'd like to know more about how Tagger can help your brand grow with influencers, click here to set up a free demo.