The legal cannabis market is expected to pull in $43 billion by 2025. Influencers are spreading cannabis education and awareness, driving growth for cannabis brands!
Cannabis Influencers With "High" Growth Rates
Since the legalization of marijuana in the US, the cannabis industry has progressed rapidly with no signs of slowing. The legal cannabis market is expected to pull in $43 billion by 2025, according to Forbes. As legalization becomes more widespread, cannabis education and awareness are at the forefront of this movement, spearheaded by cannabis influencers.
Whether enjoying the herb recreationally or medicinally, influencers are the internet’s most trusted reviewers of cannabis brands. Using the Tagger platform’s category, keyword, and affinity toggles, we found these top influencers providing great ROI for cannabis brands.
- Rachel Burkons (@smokesipsavor) - Mom, Cannabis influencer, and owner of Altered Plates Hospitality company, Rachel Burkons’ influencer presence has grown to nearly 12k followers. Burkons has long-term partnerships established with Elevate Jane, TAYLOR + tess, Emerald Exchange, and co-hosts a weekly happy hour/cannabis catch-up with fellow influencer (featured below) Jamie Evans.
- Jamie Evans (@theherbsomm) - Founder of The Herb Somm, Jamie Evans specializes in cannabis, CBD, food, recipes, wine, and the canna-culinary world. Evans’s expertise is found on her culinary-meets-cannabis blog and Instagram with almost 30k followers. As recently as early July 2021, Evans has teamed up with LEVO Oil Infusing machines, with her giveaway posts for the brand reaching an engagement of 4.2%.
- Lonny The Street Lawyer (@lonnythestreetlawyer) - With a 12% growth rate on Instagram, Lonny the Street Lawyer is well on his way to 100k followers. Lonny is a cannabis activist and lawyer, and much of his social media revolves around educating smokers on their rights.
- Coreen Carroll (@frauleinchef) - Since winning “Cooking With Cannabis” on Netflix, Chef Coreen Carroll has expanded her social platform and created a Cannisseur pop-up restaurant company. Carroll has multiple brand partnerships and has hosted giveaways with Satori Chocolates, Humboldt Apothecary, and Pax Vapor Products.
- Sydni Smiley (@_shadesofsyd) - Cannabis educator, influencer, and enthusiast Syd is known as “Thee Vibe Queen” on her Social Media Profiles. Syd has recently expanded her platform to include a Youtube channel with now over 1k subscribers. Smiley is also the founder of Medicated Melanin, a brand to celebrate her relationship with cannabis and incorporate it into her daily life in various ways. Smiley has leveraged her platform to promote her brand and work with other Cannabis brands- Stiizy vapes, AbsoluteXtracts, and Waxmaid.
- Steve DeAngelo (@steve.deangelo) - Father of the legal cannabis industry and founder of the Last Prisoner Project, Steve DeAngelo is almost reaching 50k followers, growing at a 10% rate. DeAngelo has partnered with Dispensaries.com and Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum on Instagram.
- Shonirita Anthony (@Bluntblowinmama) - By normalizing moms who consume cannabis, Shonirita Anthony has established an uplifting and supportive space on her Cannabis Instagram page, “Blunt Blowin’ Mama.” Anthony’s Instagram has grown to include her namesake podcast and a BBM Merchandise line. Anthony has partnered with brands such as Beboe, Sploofy, and Canndescent.
- Sandy Smokes (@sandy.smokes) - Cannabis marketer and influencers Sandy Smokes has grown her platform to almost 15k followers through regular reviews, smoke seshes, and other cannabis-related content. Sandy has worked with brands such as Waxmaid, Wyllow, and RAW Rolling Papers. In these brand mentions, Sandy has peaked her potential reach as high as 26k impressions.
- Monica Lo (@sousweed) - With her “punny” social media handle “Sous Weed” and adventurous recipes, Cannabis Chef Monica Lo is an excellent destination for brands specializing in cooking with Cannabis. Lo has already partnered with cannabis brands Caliva, Leafly, and Artet, but more partnerships will likely follow as her following continues to grow above 30k.
- Travis Peterson (@the_nomadcook) - Cannabis Chef and Educator Travis Peterson has a wide variety of content and brand partnerships on his social media. Peterson has just under 10k followers but has leveraged his platform to work with LEVO Electronics, Leafly, and several non-cannabis-related brands. Peterson’s
- Emily McCarter (@mccartergetshigh) - A creative cannabis consultant and mental health advocate, Emily McCarter’s Instagram profile has high engagement and has featured several cannabis brands. These collaborations include Native Roots Cannabis Co, Philter Labs, and Dispensaries.com. A steady engagement rate on McCarter’s Instagram posts of 3% keeps her follower count steadily climbing as well- specifically, her Instagram has grown by 2k in the last month.
- The Dank Duchess (@thedankduchess) - International Hashish Consultant, Cannabis Cultivator, and Public Speaker, The Dank Duchess is an expert in the Cannabis field. She has also made appearances on VICELAND’s Bong Appetit and features Puffco, Freshly, and The Emerald Cup Cannabis Celebration.
- Morgan Leigh English (@thiscannabislife) - As the founder of Stoned and Toned, an online gym promoting the benefits of smoking cannabis while working out. English’s platform has always focused on ending the stigma against smoking. English has partnered with cannabis brands 48North, Kush Queen, and Flow Kana, among others- her engagement on these brand’s mentions is as high as 3%.
- Nadir Pearson (@nadirpearson) - Cannabis activist and entrepreneur Nadir Pearson advocates for drug policy reform in America, initiatives like 421forall, and the disenfranchisement of minority voices in the cannabis industry. Pearson has collaborated with Cannabis brands Puffco, Raw and is featured in High Times and Forbes.
- LizzyJeff (@lizzyjeff) - Author, Rapper, and CEO of lifestyle brand Zen & Kush, LizzyJeff offers masterclasses teaching about community healing, sensual, spiritual wellness, and entrepreneurial prosperity. Her branded mentions feature Marley Natural and West Coast Lifestyle.
- Natalie Nicosia (@ganjapreneurgal) - An advocate for Medical Marijuana, her social media and blog provides readers information and advice on healthy use of cannabis, specifically in holistic illnesses treatments. Nicosia also has an Etsy shop featuring Cannabis-inspired fashion and artwork. Her weekly dispensary regularly highlights dispensaries all around the US- driving potential reach as high as 15k impressions.
- Vanessa Dora Lavorato (@vanessamarigold) - Founder of Marigold Sweets edibles, Lavorato hosts an edible club where members can share information about cooking with cannabis. With an engagement rate hovering around 4%, Lavorato’s content has a healthy audience engagement- likely to grow as her following scales past 80k.
- Alice & Clark (@thathighcouple) - Between their Youtube and Instagram pages, Alice and Clark share information about cannabis while also providing fun content with a light-hearted atmosphere. As their youtube just hit 100k, the duo’s Instagram is on its way to 35k. With their highest Youtube view count reaching close to 30k, the couple’s brand partnerships are gaining leverage and reach. Pax Vapor, Discrete, and long-term collaboration with G Pen are just a few of the Cannabis brands this couple features, driving a potential reach of over 60k impressions.
- Alice Moon (@thealicemoon) - Cannabis entrepreneur Alice Moon has been featured in High Times, LA Weekly, Civilized, and Viceland’s Bong Appétit. Moon spreads awareness about cannabinoid hyperemesis but still advocates for legalization and safe use of cannabis. Moon was also named a Cannabis Power Player on MerryJane.com, solidifying her place as a top cannabis influencer.
- Jahni Denver (@jahnidenver) - Jahni Denver is a musician and the founder of Say Trees, a cannabis lifestyle brand. With a 4% growth rate and 2% audience engagement rate, Denver’s branded mentions have reached as high as 17k users. Denver’s branded mentions feature cannabis companies Cookies, The Blazy Susan, and Pruf.
- Jessica Gonzales (@themommyjane) - Known by her blog ‘The Mommy Jane,’ Jessica Gonzales is a cannabis influencer, mindfulness, and meditation coach. She focuses on incorporating plant medicine into mindful living, and each week, she showcases personalities and brands that inspire. Stashologix, SheWeed, and Liberty Cannabis are only a few of the many brands Gonzales has partnered with.
- Mandy Harlan (@flmarijuanamentor) - On a journey to educate others through cannabis as medication, Mandy Harlan is a Florida-based creator with almost 50 brand mentions under her belt. Harlan has an incredible 11% engagement rate and a 6% growth rate.
- The Canncierge (@thecanncierge) - Mom, Sociologist, and Women’s Cannabis Educator, The Canncierge is on a mission to normalize weed. Her 15k followers bring in a 1.5% engagement rate, and she has partnered with brands AbsoluteXtracts, Satori Chocolates, and Care by Design.
- Emily Eizen (@emilyeizen) - Emily Eizen is a multimedia artist, model, and cannabis influencer. Eizen’s influence has extended to represent brands such as FLI Cannabis, PrettyLittleThing, and Skull Candy in recent months. With a 2.7-3% engagement rate, Eizen’s engagement will boost your ROI in partnerships.
- Chef Amanda (@chefamanda.co) - Culinary artist and kitchen alchemist Chef Amanda regularly serves up gourmet plates of beautiful infused food. Amanda has partnered with Wyllow and Magical Butter and has provided cannabis companies with curated menus and other fun launches. With a birthday falling on 4/20, Amanda even uses her birthday to share the benefits of using Cannabis.
Want to know how Tagger uses our end-to-end platform to discover amazing accounts, profiles, and creators like these? Request a demo and we'll show you how!