USER PRIVACY STATEMENT
Your privacy is very important to us. We have drafted this Privacy Statement to inform you about how we use data about you when you use our services. We are Tagger Media LLC (“we”, “us” or “Tagger”). Our registered office address is at 429 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 220, Santa Monica, CA 90401.
- 1.1. This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, process and use information about you. For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, “you” means any user who uses any of the services that we offer, including visitors to our website and mobile application, users of Tagger Media Analytics Platform and any other services we may offer from time to time (collectively, “Services”). This Privacy Statement applies to all users, including those users who use the Services via their employer or another company
- 1.2. This Privacy Statement applies to all of the information that we collect through our Services, irrespective of the type of Services or the device on which you access the Services..
- 1.3. We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time to clarify or amend our privacy practices. If we make a material change to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you either by email, notice on or through the Services, or in some other way. Your continued use of the Services or access of the Website constitutes your acceptance of the updated Privacy Statement.
- 2.1. If you register as a user of any of our Services, we may ask you to provide your name, email address, contact telephone number (landline and/or mobile), the company you work for, a username and password and other information relevant to the Services we provide. If you are not an administrative user for your account, the same information about you may be provided by a colleague or other third party. We may also collect other information directly from you, from time to time.
- 2.2. If you contact our support services, we will collect the information we need to categorize your question and respond to it. We also use this information to track potential issues with our Services and customize our support responses to better serve you.
- 2.3. We collect information about you when you use any part of our Services. For example, if you are logged in to Tagger Media Analytics Platform, we will collect information as to how often it is used, what queries are created or amended, what mentions are looked at and other information about how you interact with our Analytics Platform. We may also collect information about how you interact with messages we send to you.
- 2.4. We also infer information about you based on the information you have provided or made available to us. This may include personalizing your experience of using our Services, suggesting different Services you may be interested in trying, or other inferences about you.
- 2.5. We are constantly trying to improve our Services to you. This means that we are introducing new features of our Services regularly, some of which may result in the collection of new information from you.
- 2.6. The Services are restricted and limited for use by people 16 or over. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16 years of age. If you are under 16, do not use any services (such as social media platforms) that collect your information. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2.7. Tagger Media does not process special categories of personal data as defined by Article 9 of GDPR.
3. AUTOMATED INFORMATION COLLECTION
In addition to the information that you provide to us, we may also collect information about you during your visit to our Services. We collect this information using automated tools that are detailed below. These tools may collect information about your behavior and your computer system, such as your internet address (IP Address), the pages you have viewed, and the actions you have taken while using the Services. Some of the tools we use to automatically collect information about you may include:
(a) Cookies. A “cookie” is a small data file transmitted from a website to your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are usually defined in one of two ways, and we may use both of them:
- (1) session cookies, which do not stay on your computer after you close your browser, and
- (2) persistent cookies, which remain on your computer until you delete them or they expire. Of course, if you do not wish to have cookies on your devices, you may turn them off at any time by modifying your internet browser’s settings. However, by disabling cookies on your device, you may be prohibited from full use of the Services’ features or lose access to some functionality.
- (b) Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is an electronic image. Web Beacons can track certain things from your computer and can report activity back to a web server allowing us to understand some of your behavior. If you choose to receive emails from us, we may use Web Beacons to track your reaction to our emails. We may also use them to track if you click on the links and at what time and date you do so. Some of our third party marketing partners may use Web Beacons to track your interaction with online advertising banners on our Services. This information is only collected in aggregate form and will not be linked to your personal information. Please note that any image file on a webpage can act as a Web Beacon.
- (c) Embedded Web Links. Links provided in our emails and, in some cases, on third party websites may include tracking technology embedded in the link. The tracking is accomplished through a redirection system. The redirection system allows us to understand how the link is being used by email recipients. Some of these links will enable us to identify that you have personally clicked on the link and this may be attached to the Personal Information that we hold about you. This data is used to improve our service to you and to help us understand the performance of our marketing campaigns.
- (d) Third Party Websites and Services. We work with a number of service providers of marketing communications technology. These service providers may use various data collection methods to improve the performance of the marketing campaigns we are contracting them to provide. The information collected can be gathered on our Services. For example, we may collect data where our banner advertisements are displayed on third party websites.
4. USING YOUR INFORMATION
- 4.1. We use your information to:
- (a) present our Services and its contents to you;
- (b) provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us; and
- (c) fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- 4.2. Services we provide to you and use your information for, include, but are not limited to: authenticating you as the user with the right to access Tagger platform, facilitating in-platform communications between you, influencers, brands or other employees of your organization, providing you with technical support, providing you with platform training and customer services, notifying you of any changes to the platform or Services.
- 4.3. We share information with our agents, contractors, and affiliates (meaning legal entities controlled by, controlling, or under common control with us) and partner service providers as reasonably necessary to provide the Services.
- 4.4. We communicate with you in writing, via email, or other means available on or through the Services. We may communicate transactional or service messages to you, such as welcoming you to our Services or informing you of scheduled downtime. We may also provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices, as well as to notify you about:
- (a) changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it; or
5. DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION.
Except as described in this Privacy Statement, we will not share your information with third parties without your notice and consent, unless it is under one of the following circumstances:
- Responding to duly authorized information requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities.
- Complying with any law, regulations, subpoena, or court order.
- Investigating and helping prevent security threats, fraud, or other malicious activity.
- Enforcing or protecting the rights and properties of Tagger or its subsidiaries.
- Protecting the rights or personal safety of Tagger, Tagger’s employees, and others.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets or equity securities, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
6. ACCURACY, RETENTION, SECURITY AND YOUR RIGHTS
- 6.1. We will retain personal information about you only for as long as it is reasonably necessary for us to provide the Services or, to comply with the law, and in all cases in a manner consistent with your rights as described herein.
- 6.2. In accordance with applicable law, you may:
- a. request access to the personal information we have about you and request that it be updated, rectified, deleted or blocked;
- b. request that we refrain from further use of any personal information we hold about you; or
- c. object to our creation of profiles about you.
- 6.3. To exercise these rights, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at the address listed at the top of this document.
- 6.4. Please note that we cannot always delete records of all historical data. For example, we are required to retain certain records for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
- 6.5. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Services, like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
7. PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THIRD PARTIES
This Privacy Statement only addresses our collection, processing and use (including disclosure) of your personal information. It does not apply to the practices of third parties, including platforms you use to publish any information. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by any platform you use to publish any information.
8. FOR WEBSITE VISITORS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
Many visitors to our Website may be located outside of the United States. To provide you with our Services, we may store, process, and transmit information in the United States, Canada, European Union and other locations around the world, including countries that may not have the same privacy and security laws as yours. Regardless of the country in which such information is stored, we will process your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
9. FOR WEBSITE VISITORS IN THE EUROPEAN UNION (“EU”)
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, or “GDPR”), individuals in the EU are afforded specific rights with respect to their personal information, or “personal data” as defined under the GDPR. For the purposes of this User Privacy Statement, Tagger operates as a data controller, except for information that is obtained via third-party websites, online forums, or other platforms, in which case such platform will serve as data controller with respect to such information, and Tagger Media will serve as data processor. Any personal data we collect from you is processed in the United States, Canada or the European Union and under the terms of this Privacy Statement. Any personal data we collect from you is processed in the legitimate interest of our business and providing our services to you as the lawful means of such processing. We rely on the following legal bases for processing of your data: (i) your consent; (ii) contracts we may have in place with you; and (iii) legitimate business interests. You may always withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data as described below. We will only retain your personal data for the time necessary to provide you the information and services to which you have consented, to comply with the law and in accordance with your rights below.
You can exercise any of the following rights by notifying us as described below:
- Access. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the personal data our Website’s databases currently contain.
- Correction or Rectification. You can correct what personal data our Websites database currently contain by emailing us at email@example.com to request that we correct or rectify any personal data that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause information to be incorrect. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties
- Restrict Processing. When applicable, you may restrict the processing of your personal data by submitting a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please explain how you wish us to restrict processing of your personal data. When such restrictions are not possible, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Privacy Statement, to include withdrawing your consent to the processing of your personal data. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Object to Processing. When applicable, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by submitting a request via email to email@example.com. When such objections are not possible, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Privacy Statement, to include withdrawing your consent to the processing of your personal data. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Portability. Upon request and when possible, we can provide you with copies of your personal data. You may submit a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When such a request cannot be honored, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Privacy Statement, to include withdrawing your consent. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with any trusted third parties.
- Withdraw Consent. At any time, you may withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data through our Websites by notifying us via email at email@example.com. Using the same email address associated with your Website use, simply type the words “WITHDRAW CONSENT” in the subject line of your email. Upon receipt of such a withdrawal of consent, we will confirm receipt and proceed to stop processing your personal data. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Erasure. If you should wish to cease use of our Website and have your personal data deleted from our Website, then you may submit a request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of such a request for erasure, we will confirm receipt and will confirm once your personal data has been deleted. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Submit Complaints or Questions. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us as described below. If you reside in a European Union member state, you may also lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your country. If you wish to contact our EU representative, please email email@example.com and we will put you in touch with them.
10. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Statement on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users' personal information, we will notify you through a notice on the website home page. The date the Privacy Statement was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our website and this Privacy Statement to check for any changes.
11. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits data subjects that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. YOUR CONSENT
By using the Services or creating an account, you consent to this Privacy Statement. If you do not consent to this Privacy Statement, please discontinue any use of the Services.
13. CONTACT INFORMATION
To ask questions or comment about this Privacy Statement and our privacy practices, contact us at: Tagger Media LLC, 429 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 220, Santa Monica, CA 90401. Or you can e-mail us at email@example.com.